Certification Administrator, Biodegradable Products Institute
Position Type: Full Time, Salaried
Location: Remote (home office), must be located in United States
Mission: A science driven nonprofit that supports a shift to the circular economy by promoting the production, use, and appropriate end of lives for materials and products that are designed to fully biodegrade in biologically active environments. BPI operates North America's leading certification program for compostable products and packaging, certified to ASTM D6400 or D6868.
Job Description: Certification Administrator
Reports to Certification Manager
- Work with a team on the BPI Certification Process for compostable products, including but not limited to:
- Responding to email and phone inquiries from prospective applicants, explaining the requirements & benefits of the certification program;
- Upload projects into Trello, an online job tracking system, and keep applicants informed as projects moves through the system;
- Send and receive forms (application, confidentiality agreement, license agreement, etc.) saving them in BPI’s database, while observing strict confidentiality rules;
- Create listings in BPI’s database, such as creating certificates and updating product lists, checking information received from Members against the certification on file;
- Email logo files to Members after certification, including adding a certification number in the logo file using Adobe Illustrator.
- Work closely with Certification Manager:
- Have weekly calls/video chats to provide updates on the status of applicants and issues that arise;
- Provide recommendations on systems and technology improvements for the web catalog, website, etc.;
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a keen eye for organization and strong record keeping abilities.
- Must be proactive and able to work independently, but also be a proven collaborator, with some previous customer service experience.
- Must have access to high speed internet from a home office and be proficient with Google email and Microsoft Office, as well as have the ability to learn new programs quickly, such as Trello.
- Interest in science and the environment highly desired, as per BPI’s mission statement.
- Rate of $40-50,000/year (depending on experience), with growth opportunities.
- Benefits: 401k, paid time off, health insurance reimbursement plan, and a monthly gym/fitness allowance.
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than December 2nd, 2019. Applications are reviewed as they are received.